In Defense of Animals launches Debit Card that helps save animals worldwide

Affinity Debit Card Program Generates Revenue from Everyday Purchases for Helping Animals

SAN MATEO, Ca. (February 9, 2010) – In Defense of Animals (IDA), an international, non-profit animal protection organization based in California, announced yesterday that it has partnered with Tempo to offer an affinity debit card, that  empowers contributors to direct their support to save animals worldwide.

Every time In Defense of Animals debit cards are used to make a purchase,  IDA will receive a portion of standard card transaction fees. The cards can be used anywhere Debit MasterCard cards are accepted and also provide cash-back and ATM withdrawal access to the cardholders’ existing checking accounts.

“It’s a painless, great way to help IDA raise much needed funds for our chimpanzee sanctuary in Cameroon, Africa; our veterinary clinics and ambulance service for the thousands of street animals of Mumbai, India; and for our investigative and sanctuary work in rural Mississippi,” said IDA founder and President Elliot M. Katz, DVM.

Tempo technology makes it easy for organizations to offer affinity debit cards and provides a web portal for consumers to apply for and activate cards, as well as track purchases and rewards.  The cards are issued by Tempo partner First Bank & Trust of Brookings, SD, part of Fishback Financial Corporation.

“IDA’s affinity Debit MasterCard empowers supporters to link their existing checking accounts to such a noble cause as helping animals,” said Tempo CEO Mike Grossman. “Using software-as-a-service technology, Tempo provides a speedy and cost-effective way to enable this type of affinity program and make it easy for consumers to apply, activate cards and track purchases online.”

Tempo-enabled debit cards are affinity partner-branded, generate valuable cardholder rewards, and can be used for online and offline purchases and ATM withdrawals. Working with First Bank & Trust, Tempo manages all aspects of card issuance, including risk management, application processing, card fulfillment, authorization and settlement.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

About In Defense of Animals
Founded in 1983 by veterinarian Elliot M. Katz, IDA is an international non-profit organization with a distinguished record for challenging the exploitation and abuse of animals by protecting their rights, welfare and habitats. IDA fights to elevate the status of animals beyond that of mere property, commodities, objects, or things to be bought, sold, and discarded at an “owner’s” whim. IDA operates the Project Hope sanctuary in rural Mississippi, the Sanaga-Yong Chimpanzee Rescue Center in Cameroon, Africa, and its animal rescue centers in Mumbai, India. Working with grassroots organizations,  and initiating litigation, research and investigations, IDA is on the cutting edge of animal rescue,  protection and advocacy around the world. www.idausa.org

In Defense of Animals
Susan Gordon
415-448-0065
sgordon@idausa.org

About Tempo
Tempo is the leader in enabling organizations to quickly and easily offer affinity and co-branded debit cards to their customers, contributors and members. The open loop cards are rewards-based, partner-branded, and linked to the consumer’s existing checking account. Tempo provides its affinity partners with a Web-based platform that makes it easy to launch and market co-branded debit programs. The partners benefit by generating new revenue, and building loyalty through the delivery of enhanced cardholder value. Tempo is privately held and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. For additional information, visit www.tempo.com.

Tempo Media Relations:
Pete Bartolik
508-283-4112
pete@bartolik.com

The In Defense of Animals Debit MasterCard card is issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings, SD pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. First Bank & Trust is a member of the FDIC and part of the Fishback Financial Corporation.

In Defense of Animals is an international animal protection organization located in San Rafael, Calif. dedicated to protecting animals' rights, welfare, and habitat through education, outreach, and our hands-on rescue facilities in Mumbai, India, Cameroon, Africa, and rural Mississippi. _________________________________________________________________________________

IN DEFENSE OF ANIMALS • 3010 KERNER BLVD. • SAN RAFAEL, CA 94901 • 415-448-0048

15 Comments on “In Defense of Animals launches Debit Card that helps save animals worldwide”

• Janis McQuarrie wrote on 13 February, 2010, 5:32

I would totally love to get one of these debit cards. Please contact me with info!

• admin wrote on 13 February, 2010, 12:51

Hi, Janis,

You can get one here: https://card-program.com/ida/home

And read more about them here: http://www.idausa.org/debitcards.html

Thanks for helping the animals!

• Jennifer Holzworth wrote on 27 February, 2010, 16:17

Do we have to pay annual fees?

• admin wrote on 27 February, 2010, 17:12

It’s all explained on the first linked page.

• book of ra kostenlos online spielen wrote on 9 June, 2013, 2:27

When someone writes an article he/she retains the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a user can know it.
    Therefore that’s why this article is outstdanding. Thanks!

• http://www.jazzcapacitor.com wrote on 30 June, 2013, 21:14

you are in point of fact a excellent webmaster. The site loading speed is amazing.

It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick.

In addition, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve done a wonderful task on this topic!

• atlantic city escorts wrote on 14 July, 2013, 17:41

I have been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I
    never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you
    did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

• westchester escorts wrote on 23 July, 2013, 2:58

This is the right webpage for anybody who really wants to find out
    about this topic. You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).

You certainly put a new spin on a subject that has been
    discussed for a long time. Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!

• personal wrote on 1 March, 2014, 4:42

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article!
    It’s the little changes which will make the most significant changes.
    Thanks for sharing!

• p.tl wrote on 14 April, 2014, 14:05

I like the helpful info you supply for your articles.

I’ll bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here frequently.
    I am fairly certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right
    here! Best of luck for the following!

• chinese smartphones wrote on 17 August, 2014, 0:24

Hey there great blog! Does running a blog similar to this require a large
    amount of work? I have no knowledge of programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog
    soon. Anyways, if you have any suggestions or techniques
    for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I simply wanted to ask.

Many thanks!

• Gary wrote on 17 August, 2014, 15:43

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long
    comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t
    show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.
    Regardless, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

• banana allergy reaction wrote on 1 September, 2014, 11:14

Excellent way of describing, and pleasant piece of writing to get information regarding
    my presentation focus, which i am going to convey in college.

• Amazon wrote on 22 September, 2014, 17:31

This design is incredible! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job.

I really loved what you had to say, and more
    than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

• Akilah wrote on 24 September, 2014, 11:49

I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else
    encountering issues with your blog. It appears as though some of the text on your content are running off
    the screen. Can someone else please comment and
    let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This could be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen previously.
    Many thanks

Write a Comment

Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!

Copyright © 2014 IDA News.